Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stuck in the Middle

At work, I'm old. Other times, not so much.

See, the other three interns in my office are 19, 20 and 21. Two of them can't (legally) drink or gamble, none of them can rent a car, they're all still in school. Sometimes it's funny, like when I'm talking about a musical I was in in high school, 15 years ago, and the other girl says, "Fifteen years ago, I was FOUR." In fact, we joke about the age difference almost every day, which is fine, but sometimes I do just feel a little out of place with them.

Then I come home, and hang out with 73-year old Irmgard. And the other guy who rents a room from her is probably in his 50's and always calls me "kiddo." Then on Monday I went up to the library for this "Noodle Talk" group thing, and it was basically me chatting it up with a bunch of 50- and 60-year-olds again. Interesting, but still, felt a little out of place.

So, yeah! Life's a little strange right now. But it's o.k.: keeps me on my toes!

No comments: