Saturday, July 12, 2008

Out Of My Element

I feel like I've become quite the adventurer of late. I mean, that I would even pack up and move ten hours away by myself is in itself a bit surprising to me, but now I'm exploring even more. Like, for instance, I'm currently sitting in the living room of one of the other interns, in Philadelphia. I drove here this morning because there is no race-day packet pick-up for the triathlon tomorrow. Which is also pretty amazing: that I even signed up for this race not knowing anyone else doing it or even anyone else in the city. But God provided this girl, and it's totally cool 'cause I didn't have to pay for a hotel room like I thought I'd have to, and I even got to do a load of laundry this evening!

Anyway, I also feel a bit out of my element because most of the people I've met out here aren't Christian, or at least don't appear to be. It's interesting, because in Cincy, most of the people whose paths I crossed were. Even a lot of the jobs I had in Cincy seemed to be places where a lot of other believers worked, but not so much here apparently. It could be a great opportunity to share with them what's most important to me, but instead I just seem to be paralyzed, realizing that I'm ill-equipped for the task. But then again, that just might be the best place to be: weak so that He can be my strength.

Anyway, I'm still curious to find out what this summer is all about, what God wants to do in me and through me during my time here... So, yeah! Good times.

No comments: