Monday, November 10, 2008

Mary Sunshine

Let the blog war begin! :-)


Mary makes me feel comfortable.
I joined Queen City Wheels to challenge myself at the time trial every Tuesday. And I did. But I came and went each week without really talking to anyone, until I met Mary. Yup, she's the reason I started to feel like a part of the group.

Mary makes me smile.
She's just one of those people who is always pleasant to be around: she's friendly, and outgoing, and... happy. Even when she's complaining as we climb some steep hill, she's still smiling and you know that she's actually thrilled to be there. So it's hard not to be happy when you're with her!

Mary motivates me.
She is an ironman. Sure, she had to work hard to get there, as I'm sure all iron(wo)men do, but she did it! Twice! I never really had that as a goal before, but now I think I've got to try it... And she's so disciplined when it comes to training that she puts me to shame.

Mary challenges me.
She's faster than me. She's stronger than me. She may try to tell you that she's not, but the time trial doesn't lie. But, she makes me want to be faster and stronger. And I think I am already, thanks to her!

Mary encourages me.
She seems to bring out the best in people, and I think that encouragement if often the key. At least, it works for me! I definitely have more confidence because of her, and not just when it comes to biking.

Yup, I think we all need more Marys in our lives. Or maybe we all just need to be a little more Sunshine-y!

1 comment:

Mary Sunshine said...

Jenn!!

I'm speechless!!!

I just read this now...and you made me just wish I was going to climb Springdale hill with you again this week.

God is so good is all I really have to say. I'm quite sure that our best days are ahead!!!

You know, not only cannot NOT compete with your amazing strength but I doubt very much that I can top this blog post....however, I will certainly tri ;-)